Home Inspection Code
The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (Inter-NACHI)
promotes a high standard of professionalism, business ethics and inspection
procedures. InterNACHI members subscribe to the following Code of
Ethics in the course of their business.
1. Duty to the Public
1. The InterNACHI member shall abide by the Code of Ethics and substantially follow the InterNACHI Standards of Practice.
2. The InterNACHI member shall not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to the home inspection industry.
3. The InterNACHI member shall be fair, honest, impartial, and act in good faith in dealing with the public.
4. The InterNACHI member shall not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, or handicap and shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning discrimination.
5. The InterNACHI member shall be truthful regarding his/her services & qualifications.
6. The InterNACHI member shall have no undisclosed conflict of interest with the client, nor shall the InterNACHI member accept or offer any undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits or other benefit, nor shall the InterNACHI member accept or offer any disclosed or undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits or other benefit from real estate agents, brokers or any third parties having financial interest in the sale of the property nor shall the InterNACHI member offer or provide any disclosed or undisclosed financial compensation directly or indirectly to any real estate agent, real estate broker or real estate company for referrals or for inclusion on lists of preferred and/or affiliated inspectors or inspection companies.
7. The InterNACHI member shall not communicate any information about an inspection to anyone except the client without the prior written consent of the client, except where it may affect the safety of others or violates a law or statute.
8. The InterNACHI member shall always act in the interest of the client, unless doing so violates a law, statute or this Code of Ethics.
9. The InterNACHI member shall use a written contract that specifies the services to be performed, limitations of services and fees.
10. The InterNACHI member shall comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where he/she conducts business.
11. The InterNACHI member shall not perform or offer to perform, for an additional fee, any repairs or repair-associated services to structure on which the member or member's company has prepared a home inspection report, for a period of 12 months.
This provision shall not include services to components and/or systems which are not included in the InterNACHI standards of practice.
2. Duty to Continue Education
Home Inspections in:
Blue Island, Marionette Park,
Midlothian, Bridgeview, Burbank, Richton Pk,
Steger, Elwood, Joliet,
to name a few.
Property Inspections, Inc. 2005-2018